It is often requested by employers that college graduates have ‘real world’ experience. This is where the importance of internship comes into picture. Students are encouraged to gain internship experience before starting to look for a job because it gives them a competitive edge over other candidates.
With the help of internship, students get a chance to experiment and pursue their careers that also match their personal and academic interests. Internship programs are necessary for building a career for students, giving them a firsthand on-the-job-experience. So if you are looking for ways to launch your career in the best possible manner, it becomes important to choose an ideal program for internship in Hyderabad.
Here are a few useful tips that you can consider when finding the ideal program:
- It is necessary to first define your career and internship goals. For instance, are you interested in getting into banking, HR or marketing? If you want to get into banking, you need to start making a list of banks that you want to intern at. Similarly, if you want a promising career in marketing, you need to shortlist companies where you would want to work as an intern.
- You need to ask yourself, why you want to do an internship and what are you wishing to gain from it. From learning new skills to networking, there are many things that you can gain from joining a certain organization. So being clear on your goals will help you choose the right company for your marketing, banking or HR internship in Hyderabad.
- The company you choose will make a lot of different when you sit down to write your resume. So choose a name that not only best suits your needs but also adds to your resume.
Internships have gone from an optional resume addition to a significant factor in finding a good job. Internship experience is one of most precious gems you can have in your pocket when you set out in the professional world to find an employment opportunity. It is quite effective for the for the entry level job aspirers.
Here are some of the tips that you can consider when finding an internship in Delhi:
- The first step is knowing what you want to do. For instance, if you wish to get into the finance sector, you need to start exploring industries for finance internship. Make a list of companies you would like to work for and start listing the internship offers in each one.
- The secret of getting a good internship offer is to have a good resume because it has the ability to attract recruiters. The resume should be short and sweet. The cover letters can also play an essential role in helping you get an internship.
- The best way to get internships is through networking. So use your networking skills and ask your seniors or teachers for recommendations.
- Different companies require different things – Some might just need a resume and a cover letter whereas some will ask for a portfolio of your creative works. So be prepared with everything.
- When applying in more than 1 company, the need to follow up arises and this can help you in securing the internship offer. To follow up, you can send an email as a reminder to the company.
- Never ever give up on the goals of getting an internship. There are many opportunities omnipresent. For getting an internship one has to be persistent. Once you have taken up a good internship offer, it will help you shape your career.
Internships are important if you want your resume to be stronger when compared to other candidates. There is no doubt that interning with a reputed company has its own advantages but did you know there is a lot to be gained even if you intern at a smaller company or a start up?
Here are some of the benefits of choosing a startup internship offer:
- Learn anything and everything: In start-ups, every employee in the team is treated equally. In the early stage, start-up is valuable and every member of the team is of importance, including the interns. As an intern, you stand a better chance of getting to work on various projects, adding more value to the team.
- Get an opportunity to learn how companies work: As an intern in a large company, you might not get the required exposure. You will get to do very little as there may be a large number of interns as well as employees present already. But if you work in a start-up, you will be exposed to all aspects of the business.
- Choosing a career path: Internships in India have become quite popular because if you are not sure what you want to achieve professionally, it can help you make a choice. You will be open to explore different areas in order to chalk out what interests you.
- Quick with adaptation: Compared to large companies, there are no set of rules or order of work in start-ups which makes it a flexible work environment where even interns are encouraged to try new things.
- Networking: Start-ups can make interns meet professionals. Many start-ups have the potential to become big companies. These talented people can act as a guide and also help you in getting a job.
Have you been planning to work at a startup? If the answer is yes, it is better to start with an internship to gain first-hand experience. Just make sure that you choose a company that values your skills and gives you the compensation you deserve. Compensation can either be money or training.
- There are several benefits of startup internships. Whether you want to start your own company or you want to excel in a specific field, startup internship will help you try out your future career path. Even if you are not sure about what you want to do, working at a small, growing company will give you the required clarity. It will help you observe different facets of a business and prepare you for working at a larger organization.
- There is no doubt that it can be difficult to find a good start-up internship offer. This is because startup companies don’t have the resources to send recruitment teams to college fairs. However, this doesn’t mean you cannot find a good opportunity. You need to keep looking for the right option. Firstly, you need to start identifying the best start-ups where you can work as an intern. It is recommended to work for a company that you are passionate about and not just any random firm.
- You need to be proactive, reaching out and introducing yourself to companies of your choice, even if they are not offering any internship programs. Explain why you would want to work for them and also share your skills and experience so that they get to see what role you can play at the company.
So what are you waiting for? Create your summer internship 2017 plan today and start getting in touch with companies of your choice.
If you have a startup or growing company and you wish to get more resources because there is a lot that needs to be done, hire an intern. There are several ways in which hiring interns helps a company. For instance, if you get a good intern, you can get a new perspective on organizational issues. The intern will come with fresh ideas and suggestions that you may not have considered before.
Interns at times question processes and they can also suggest better ways of doing the same thing. Internships are trial periods but they can lead to a lot more for interns as they get to know how much potential they have in a certain field. They also get to assess their skills and work ethics, preparing themselves for the future.
Companies can benefit a lot from having interns as they can help with tasks or projects, freeing up your professionals for other vital tasks. Interested candidates will go out of their way to accomplish things at your workplace, offering the best they can to complete projects. It is recommended to give them meaningful work so that it helps your company and helps interns learn more.
Companies will also be gaining brand advocates if they provide good opportunities for interns. Hiring interns will help in spreading the word about the brand. They will talk about their experiences in your company with their peers, friends and family members which will eventually advertise your organization.
If you are looking for internship in Mumbai, you need to start planning in advance. Depending on the field in which you want to excel, you can start by shortlisting companies that are offering internship programs. You will have to apply and wait for their response before making a final choice.