The human resource aspect of any corporate or industry is a crucial one as it represents the exact company culture and internally manages the entire human force. Whether it is a startup or a big corporate giant, the management of the employees is the root of the organisation and the other thing that defines the entire organisation is its policies.
Human resource management involves the making and establishment of these policies as well as the entire structure and life cycle of an employee right from his CV screening to training and work period until his or her exit formalities. Not just an employee’s work, the human resource is also involved with organisational culture and risk management at the time of labour issues.
It is understood that a graduation or course is not sufficient to understand and analyse every aspect of such jobs and the best way to understand and implement these areas is to get you into an HR internship. India has exciting opportunities for human resource professionals and every company requires some of the best individuals to be employed in their human resource teams. This also involves solving of issues related to employees and the company and therefore internship in India is taking the HR role seriously and more and more fresher individuals are opting for it.
Many universities and degrees, who conduct these courses in human resources, make internships compulsory in order to get the students well equipped with corporate culture and real life scenarios. This also gives them academic credit but the real intention is to provide them the training for skill development through internships as well as serve as a pathway to choose the right area of professional expertise. If you are choosing an internship program in India, the earlier you decide your field the better it will work for you in the long run.
Internships for college students are the most important aspects of their academics as it is not just something that helps them gain credits in exams but also is an entry into the corporates or industries. Summer internships or quarterly internships are available and in fact opportunities in India are now running all throughout the year in all major cities. When you look at the summer internships 2017, every major field related to corporates or industries and whether in software engineering or commerce, every field is witnessing huge demand from students and fresher candidates.
All know that internships are some of the most beneficial aspects of starting your career or giving a boost to your career even if you are a student or a fresher or an experienced individual. The basic benefit that an internship gives is the experience which will be always counted along with the development of the right skills. When you get into an internship at your college the first thing that happens is the development of a perspective which is generally correct. A theoretical study or teaching can never give you the right perspective that actual work gives and this is where you analyse your potential and area of interest. Another advantage is that, you tend to understand the exact area that you can concentrate on; as today individual expertise is required in every single field. An internship lets you choose this field and the area of professional career.
A few degrees and a few universities in engineering as well as commerce, allot exclusive time slots in semesters or even an entire year for internship and this is a part of their curriculum. One immediate advantage that many students get is the direct placement in those companies and professional connections which can help for further studies and job opportunities.
Digital marketing needs no introduction for being one of the most promising career options of today as every single thing that you see around is going digital and needs an online audience. A career with digital marketing does not require a major prior experience but only a needs a person to work hard and get out of the comfort zone and understand the minute details.
The easiest way that you can do this is get the digital marketing internship which is not only providing you a great platform but also giving you a good work experience with the best professionals in the industry. Here your role as a fresher will be also considered for its lack of experience yet you will be loaded with the best responsibilities and opportunities to learn as well as grow. Even if you are at a stage where you do not understand the even the most basic terminologies, you need not worry as you will be credited with the chance to learn from basics.
Finance on the other hand has a lot of features that need to be analyzed before you get into a Finance internship. You have to be extremely clear about the exact way that you want to get into; for example there will be always different perks with accounting as well as investment banking. If you analyse that most of your time during the internship is spent with productive and quality work that will add to your knowledge as well as experience you can be assured that your internship is on the right track. Finance internship also provides you a chance to mingle up and understand from the experts of finance industries.
If you are in college and you want to get into the finance industry once you graduate, then you need to start looking for a good internship offer. Competition for good offers will be intense so you need to do your homework and be prepared.
Here are a few useful tips to help you land that desired finance internship:
- Make sure you are checking your resume and adding relevant details before you apply for an internship offer. Proofread the resume because if there are grammar mistakes or spelling errors then it will give a bad impression. Get rid of inaccuracies in the resume, if any.
- There are various forms in which you can mention experience in your resume. For instance, if you have worked in a high-paced finance environment or you have scored high in your finance class, you can mention such details in the resume.
- Take out time to determine which firm might interest you the most. For instance, if being a broker is your goal, then it will make sense to opt for a position at a retail brokerage. But if you want to be a fund manager, you need to look for a good mutual fund company.
- Don’t waste time and get applications submitted. Make sure you know the deadline by which you need to apply for internship in a particular company. The application should be crisp and easy to read. Make it interesting in order to catch the employer’s attention.
- The best way of finding internships for college students is to look for options on the internet. There are several online internship portals from where one can find information on available options in their city. Do your homework and focus on finding the best internship program if you wish to excel in your career.
Human resource as an industry is very crucial for the development of a country. In many colleges or universities, internship is compulsory as part of the course. Internships provide practical knowledge to the students, teaching them about the industry they plan to work in.
There are a few things that need to be kept in mind if you wish to make the most of your HR internship:
- Start by asking for advice: Internship in India is somewhat a new concept and therefore, it helps to seek advice from experts or seniors. There are several method of finding an internship of your choice. You can either ask for recommendations from seniors or look for available opportunities on internship portals in the industry of your choice.
- Don’t say no to special, outside of work experience: Human resource internships help the candidates learn how to deal with people because they will be required to do the same in the real work scenario. As an intern, you should participate in all the events of the company. Don’t hesitate in taking up new work. The intern who gets to attend all the events, gets more of professional experience.
- Ask for professional reference as internship draws to a close: Internship is a method to gain work experience along with getting references which would help the interns to get the job of their choice. If you are an intern who has the capability of working hard even beyond the working hours, then you certainly deserve an outstanding reference letter.
- Get ready to maximise the potential of a human resource: An internship with the HR department of a large company provides many opportunities to the candidate. You just need to be aware and make the most of it.
Internships are necessary because they give an opportunity to students to expand their experience and prepare for a job in the corporate world. It adds to the resume, making them more valuable in the job market than the others. Interns can combine class room training with real life training and make their CV look good to employers.
Internships for college students can be a good career move:
- Making industry contacts: It is always about whom you know and also having knowledge about how to do a certain task during the internship. Industry contacts will increase your ability to get a suitable job after the college is over. Internships also give you a platform to try something new and different.
- A good resume: Resume with industry experience can increase your chances of getting the ideal job in a particular industry. The skills and experience you gain during the internship will gives you the chance to get a permanent paid position in the company.
- Convert the academic knowledge into Industry skills: Internships have always been more than doing just petty jobs like fetching coffee for seniors. Interns also get a chance to handle different types of responsibilities in order to prove that they are ready to manage the same in case of a permanent job. Be it engineering internships or marketing internship, you can learn a lot for a brighter future.
- Internship can help you become more career oriented. However, make sure that you have interest in the industry you are aiming for and you are happy with the internship experience. If you don’t cherish the experience, you are open to try something else.
- Gain an unforgettable life experience: Internships is all about trying all the possible options and experiencing professionalism that will be useful in future.
College students are on a continuous hunt for exciting internship opportunities. If you are also planning to work as an intern this summer and gain some valuable experience, then you need to start looking for the right internship offer as early as possible.
Here are some of the tips that you can consider when finding a good offer for summer internship 2017:
- The internship will put you in the professional realm where you want to end up after college. Firstly, it is very important to determine your objective for the internship. It is necessary to know what you wish to gain from the opportunity. Don’t get lured by the prospect of working as an intern in a huge company. This is because your potential employer will look for what you learnt in the company rather than where you worked.
- When looking for an internship offer this summer, you also need to choose between paid and unpaid. From a financial standpoint, a paid internship will be a great option. However, money isn’t the first thing that you should think of when interning. The main aim is to learn as many skills as possible in order to get a well-paid job. But if you manage to get a stipend for interning in your preferred company, there is nothing like it.
- You need to see if there is a structure in place in the company of your choice. This may include a list of learning objectives, responsibilities, expectations and evaluation. You can speak to other interns or the hiring manager for more information. Be it marketing or engineering internship, there is no point in getting stuck in a dead-end internship. It is better to choose a company that has an official intern program in place.