Internships are important if you want your resume to be stronger when compared to other candidates. There is no doubt that interning with a reputed company has its own advantages but did you know there is a lot to be gained even if you intern at a smaller company or a start up?
Here are some of the benefits of choosing a startup internship offer:
- Learn anything and everything: In start-ups, every employee in the team is treated equally. In the early stage, start-up is valuable and every member of the team is of importance, including the interns. As an intern, you stand a better chance of getting to work on various projects, adding more value to the team.
- Get an opportunity to learn how companies work: As an intern in a large company, you might not get the required exposure. You will get to do very little as there may be a large number of interns as well as employees present already. But if you work in a start-up, you will be exposed to all aspects of the business.
- Choosing a career path: Internships in India have become quite popular because if you are not sure what you want to achieve professionally, it can help you make a choice. You will be open to explore different areas in order to chalk out what interests you.
- Quick with adaptation: Compared to large companies, there are no set of rules or order of work in start-ups which makes it a flexible work environment where even interns are encouraged to try new things.
- Networking: Start-ups can make interns meet professionals. Many start-ups have the potential to become big companies. These talented people can act as a guide and also help you in getting a job.