If you have a startup or growing company and you wish to get more resources because there is a lot that needs to be done, hire an intern. There are several ways in which hiring interns helps a company. For instance, if you get a good intern, you can get a new perspective on organizational issues. The intern will come with fresh ideas and suggestions that you may not have considered before.
Interns at times question processes and they can also suggest better ways of doing the same thing. Internships are trial periods but they can lead to a lot more for interns as they get to know how much potential they have in a certain field. They also get to assess their skills and work ethics, preparing themselves for the future.
Companies can benefit a lot from having interns as they can help with tasks or projects, freeing up your professionals for other vital tasks. Interested candidates will go out of their way to accomplish things at your workplace, offering the best they can to complete projects. It is recommended to give them meaningful work so that it helps your company and helps interns learn more.
Companies will also be gaining brand advocates if they provide good opportunities for interns. Hiring interns will help in spreading the word about the brand. They will talk about their experiences in your company with their peers, friends and family members which will eventually advertise your organization.
If you are looking for internship in Mumbai, you need to start planning in advance. Depending on the field in which you want to excel, you can start by shortlisting companies that are offering internship programs. You will have to apply and wait for their response before making a final choice.
Digital marketing needs no introduction for being one of the most promising career options of today as every single thing that you see around is going digital and needs an online audience. A career with digital marketing does not require a major prior experience but only a needs a person to work hard and get out of the comfort zone and understand the minute details.
The easiest way that you can do this is get the digital marketing internship which is not only providing you a great platform but also giving you a good work experience with the best professionals in the industry. Here your role as a fresher will be also considered for its lack of experience yet you will be loaded with the best responsibilities and opportunities to learn as well as grow. Even if you are at a stage where you do not understand the even the most basic terminologies, you need not worry as you will be credited with the chance to learn from basics.
Finance on the other hand has a lot of features that need to be analyzed before you get into a Finance internship. You have to be extremely clear about the exact way that you want to get into; for example there will be always different perks with accounting as well as investment banking. If you analyse that most of your time during the internship is spent with productive and quality work that will add to your knowledge as well as experience you can be assured that your internship is on the right track. Finance internship also provides you a chance to mingle up and understand from the experts of finance industries.
If you are in college and you want to get into the finance industry once you graduate, then you need to start looking for a good internship offer. Competition for good offers will be intense so you need to do your homework and be prepared.
Here are a few useful tips to help you land that desired finance internship:
- Make sure you are checking your resume and adding relevant details before you apply for an internship offer. Proofread the resume because if there are grammar mistakes or spelling errors then it will give a bad impression. Get rid of inaccuracies in the resume, if any.
- There are various forms in which you can mention experience in your resume. For instance, if you have worked in a high-paced finance environment or you have scored high in your finance class, you can mention such details in the resume.
- Take out time to determine which firm might interest you the most. For instance, if being a broker is your goal, then it will make sense to opt for a position at a retail brokerage. But if you want to be a fund manager, you need to look for a good mutual fund company.
- Don’t waste time and get applications submitted. Make sure you know the deadline by which you need to apply for internship in a particular company. The application should be crisp and easy to read. Make it interesting in order to catch the employer’s attention.
- The best way of finding internships for college students is to look for options on the internet. There are several online internship portals from where one can find information on available options in their city. Do your homework and focus on finding the best internship program if you wish to excel in your career.
Human resource as an industry is very crucial for the development of a country. In many colleges or universities, internship is compulsory as part of the course. Internships provide practical knowledge to the students, teaching them about the industry they plan to work in.
There are a few things that need to be kept in mind if you wish to make the most of your HR internship:
- Start by asking for advice: Internship in India is somewhat a new concept and therefore, it helps to seek advice from experts or seniors. There are several method of finding an internship of your choice. You can either ask for recommendations from seniors or look for available opportunities on internship portals in the industry of your choice.
- Don’t say no to special, outside of work experience: Human resource internships help the candidates learn how to deal with people because they will be required to do the same in the real work scenario. As an intern, you should participate in all the events of the company. Don’t hesitate in taking up new work. The intern who gets to attend all the events, gets more of professional experience.
- Ask for professional reference as internship draws to a close: Internship is a method to gain work experience along with getting references which would help the interns to get the job of their choice. If you are an intern who has the capability of working hard even beyond the working hours, then you certainly deserve an outstanding reference letter.
- Get ready to maximise the potential of a human resource: An internship with the HR department of a large company provides many opportunities to the candidate. You just need to be aware and make the most of it.
Internships are necessary because they give an opportunity to students to expand their experience and prepare for a job in the corporate world. It adds to the resume, making them more valuable in the job market than the others. Interns can combine class room training with real life training and make their CV look good to employers.
Internships for college students can be a good career move:
- Making industry contacts: It is always about whom you know and also having knowledge about how to do a certain task during the internship. Industry contacts will increase your ability to get a suitable job after the college is over. Internships also give you a platform to try something new and different.
- A good resume: Resume with industry experience can increase your chances of getting the ideal job in a particular industry. The skills and experience you gain during the internship will gives you the chance to get a permanent paid position in the company.
- Convert the academic knowledge into Industry skills: Internships have always been more than doing just petty jobs like fetching coffee for seniors. Interns also get a chance to handle different types of responsibilities in order to prove that they are ready to manage the same in case of a permanent job. Be it engineering internships or marketing internship, you can learn a lot for a brighter future.
- Internship can help you become more career oriented. However, make sure that you have interest in the industry you are aiming for and you are happy with the internship experience. If you don’t cherish the experience, you are open to try something else.
- Gain an unforgettable life experience: Internships is all about trying all the possible options and experiencing professionalism that will be useful in future.
College students are on a continuous hunt for exciting internship opportunities. If you are also planning to work as an intern this summer and gain some valuable experience, then you need to start looking for the right internship offer as early as possible.
Here are some of the tips that you can consider when finding a good offer for summer internship 2017:
- The internship will put you in the professional realm where you want to end up after college. Firstly, it is very important to determine your objective for the internship. It is necessary to know what you wish to gain from the opportunity. Don’t get lured by the prospect of working as an intern in a huge company. This is because your potential employer will look for what you learnt in the company rather than where you worked.
- When looking for an internship offer this summer, you also need to choose between paid and unpaid. From a financial standpoint, a paid internship will be a great option. However, money isn’t the first thing that you should think of when interning. The main aim is to learn as many skills as possible in order to get a well-paid job. But if you manage to get a stipend for interning in your preferred company, there is nothing like it.
- You need to see if there is a structure in place in the company of your choice. This may include a list of learning objectives, responsibilities, expectations and evaluation. You can speak to other interns or the hiring manager for more information. Be it marketing or engineering internship, there is no point in getting stuck in a dead-end internship. It is better to choose a company that has an official intern program in place.
Planning to make a career in finance? If the answer is yes, it is recommended to pursue a good internship offer in order to learn new skills and get an edge over other candidates in finding a job.
Most banks and investment management firms hire interns. They offer internship programs to students because they want to test, train and observe students who they may want to offer a place in their firm once they graduate. So if you want to be one of those students who lands a job in a reputed bank as soon as you graduate, then start finding a good internship program.
Here are some of the benefits of pursuing finance internship:
- The internship will be like an extended job interview between you and the firm. In this scenario, both you and the company will get to see if working together is beneficial.
- Through internship, you will get a good understanding of the firm’s operations and what goes into each role inside the organization.
- It gives you a chance to do networking with professionals and other interns. If you are good at it, you can get a good job further down the line. Networking will help you learn a lot because you will be connecting with different types of professionals.
- Whether you take up a finance internship in Hyderabad or Mumbai, it will help you boost your CV and give you an edge over other students. You will get to mention the right skills and experiences on your CV that is the first step in getting a dream job.
- Internships help students explore their interests. There are chances that you may work as an intern in a bank and realize that this industry isn’t meant for you.
There are many college students who graduate but they don’t get a job because employers disdain their lack of work experience. This is the reason why it is important for college students to complete at least one internship program in order to learn new skills and gain relevant experience.
Here are some of the reasons why internships for college students are a must:
- A growing number of employers are now hiring fresh candidates for jobs only if they come with some experience. Majority of employers say that candidate experience is a vital factor in making hiring decisions. Most companies want new-grad experience to come from co-op programs or internships. If you are a college student looking for an internship opportunity, you will surely enjoy a competitive edge over your classmates who haven’t interned.
- Many employers see internship programs as the best way of hiring entry-level candidates. So working as an intern will not only help you learn new skills but also open new avenues for a job. Small as well as large companies across the globe are realizing the importance of internship programs in producing high quality candidates.
- Whether you do full time or part time internship, it will help you get paid more when you graduate and find a job. According to employment surveys, employers that hire entry-level candidates with internship/co-op experience are paid at least 5 to 6 times more than those without experience.
- Internships will help you earn college credit towards your degree. There are many colleges that provide credit for eligible internships. You can consult your career-service office or faculty adviser to know more about your college or school’s major-department policies.
- You get to test a career plan through internship. If you join an industry of your choice as an intern, you can find out whether or not it is meant for you. Interning will help you take a test drive and decide if you want to be in a certain field. You will not only decide on a career plan but also get valuable understanding of the major field. It will become easy for you to grasp your coursework. Also, if there are any gaps in classroom learning and the real world learnings, then internship will help fill this gap effectively.
- Skill development is one of the most important reasons why college students should pursue internships with a reputed company. Even if you have the interpersonal skills that employers are looking for, internship will help you sharpen those skills because you will get to interact with experts in a professional environment. You will also learn skills related to communication, leadership, problem solving and so on.
- As a future employee, you will gain a lot of confidence because you will get to know how a professional work environment functions. You will become more confident to face the real world when finding a job. It will help you learn work habits and become more motivated.